Description PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.
We do not currently have openings available for the position of Pipeline Supervisor, however, we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our databaseand contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
As a Pipeline Supervisor you will have overall responsibility for identifying and defining the core pipeline and workflow requirements for large or complex shows. You will be responsible for designing technical solutions to the specific and general needs of those shows in collaboration with global supervisors, senior production staff and lead R&D developers.
Our talented Pipeline Supervisors are highly technical and are enthusiastic leaders. You will be regularly required to:
- manage and contribute to on-show development done by ATDs and Pipeline TDs
- contribute to the planning of major developments in the core Double Negative pipeline
- train artists in relevant new technology and techniques
- create user-friendly documentation and tutorials for new tools and workflows
- generate and monitor support and development tickets for our shows
This role is an integral part of the connection between our excellent R&D teams and our brilliant artists and Production staff. With every decision the Pipeline team makes you will be evaluating the needs of the specific shows with the improvement of the Double Negative pipeline as a whole and will be key in aiding communication between these two groups.
You will be a supervising presence for more junior members of the Pipeline team, including our Pipeline TDs, ATDs and ATD Apprentices, who will look to you to provide coaching, guidance and mentoring. You will also be required to manage and contribute to their on-show development of tools and workflows, ensuring that all development efforts meet the needs of the show while also contributing to the overall pipeline.
Above all, you will be at the heart of the award-winning Visual Effects and Feature Animation work we undertake and will have significant influence in facilitating the delivery of these world-class shows as well as the cutting-edge technology which makes it all possible.Must Have
- Proven experience at a supervisory level in the visual effects industry
- Excellent Python, Maya and Linux skills
- Experience in developing tools for DCC packages such as Maya, Houdini and/or Nuke
- Experience with source control systems and team development
Nice to Have
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics or other related field
- Expert understanding of the visual effects pipeline
- Experience with renderers such as PRMan, Clarisse or Mantra
We would not be able to produce award-winning work without our Production Technology department, which is committed to nurturing a diverse and exciting workplace. Our teams have a variety of backgrounds and originate from a number of different countries, working across the globe at the forefront of technology in the industry.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.