ResponsibilitiesRole Summary and Purpose
Work with a driven and highly motivated team to support the on-air operations of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies.
As an Operations Supervisor at NBC Universal (NBCU), you will be responsible for all aspects of maintaining and ensuring the reliability of all NBCU Network Origination Center channels.Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Supervise a shift of on-air cable operations for 25 networks (including 64 distribution channels)
- Monitor and maintain six multiplexed network distribution streams
- Ensure reliability of on-air schedules in a fast paced environment, and work to maintain 99.999% on-air availability and reliability for all channels
- Manage all daily operations center maintenance procedures
- Ensure proper scheduling and supervise a shift of technical operators in live news and entertainment multi-channel environments.
- Facilitate day of air issue resolution between all NBCU departments (including Sales Ops, Sports, News, Programming, On-Air Scheduling and Promotions).
- Lead operational triaging and documentation for issues affecting the on-air operation
- Develop and distribute detailed scheduling plans and transmission information for live events.
- Maintain and assist in the creation of new SOPs and Guidelines
- Perform live event transmission tasks including satellite tunings, fax-through and fiber bookings.
- Lead the execution of live events on all entertainment and news networks such as WWE Raw, Watch What Happens Live, E! Red Carpets, Olympics, and Premier League soccer.
- Serve as the point of contact for MSNBC’s same-day Record/Turnarounds process to ensure reliable records and playbacks.
- Assist with project management related to the execution or enhancement of an entertainment or news network as appointed
- Continue to exceed expectations in on-air reliability and customer service for all NOC clientele
Qualifications/Requirements5+ yrs experience in an On-air broadcast environment.
3 yrs experience exhibiting overall understanding and knowledge of the television production process, broadcast operations, and news/sports/entertainment technical production requirements
3 yrs work experience showing strong computer, communication, and facilitation skills
3 yrs experience demonstrating the ability to effectively lead, prioritize, energize, and coach others
3 yrs work experience in a fast paced environment requiring troubleshooting and process skills, and exhibiting an ability to effectively lead, prioritize and adapt to changing scenarios
A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
This position requires the willingness and ability to work any scheduled shift, including nights, weekends, and holidays and working overtime on short notice to support the 24x7 on-air broadcast environment.
BA/BS in related field
5+ yrs experience related field
Extensive and significant experience, understanding and knowledge of digital broadcast and production technical systems, standards and processes
Technical experience with automated, real-time systems, digital video and audio, troubleshooting and test techniques
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience with work rules and scheduling
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.