Description PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.We do not currently have openings available for the position of Animation Supervisor, however, we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our databaseand contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
Working closely with the Head of Animation , our Animation Supervisors play a huge part in maintaining DNEG as a leading player in live action VFX animation work. We reply heavily on our Supervisors to manage and supervise our animation team from juniors to leads.
Collaboration at DNEG is vital to produce high quality work and our Animation Supervisors work closely with directors and VFX Supervisors to develop the performance of characters and creatures and ensure the continuity throughout the show.
The animation team at DNEG is a tight knit department and it’s hugely important that the team enjoys the work they are undertaking and aware of the director’s vision. Our Animation Leads are there to support the supervisors and assists with casting shots to the team when needed . Animation Supervisors are also the point of contact for any animation requests from other departments. This includes the Build team to ensure the models are suitable for rigging and the Rigging department to guarantee the rig meets the animator’s need to control, functionality, usability and performance.
DNEG is continuously focused on improving our pipeline and we value input from all our Supervisors. By working closely with our R&D and Pipeline teams, it’s important our Animation Supervisors are vocal in their thoughts and suggestions to aid the delivery of high-quality animation.
- A thorough knowledge of relevant technologies in the field of CG animation.
- Extensive CG experience working on high profile live action and full CG feature films.
- Prior experience leading teams and the ability to delegate tasks when needed.
- Experience working directly with clients and directors and comfortable submitting your thoughts
- Ability to perform visual and analytical problem solving in 3-dimensional space, including accurately interpret 3D layouts and analyse 3D form
- Experience problem solving and predicting potential problems that may arise with assigned tasks
- Team orientated
- A leader and mentor
- Highly motivated
- Accepting of change
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.