Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
What part will you play?
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks a software engineer to join the team behind the " Injustice" and "Mortal Kombat X" mobile games. Our small, creatively-independent team brings premium action games to iOS and Android devices, utilizing WB's best properties.
As a member of our studio's mobile engineering team, you will work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to develop our next ground-breaking mobile title. Your domain will span as much of the codebase as your skills and interests dictate, as you design and implement extensions to existing systems, as well as new game systems. You'll be working to support our designers' vision on a team open to your creative input as well.
- Design, author, maintain and refactor game systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of game systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of game systems.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Collaborate with designers and content creators to brainstorm solutions that satisfy design and content requirements.
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies.
- Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems.
What do we require from you?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of professional game programming experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and C++ programming.
- Experience developing game-play systems for a published game.
- Experience working on production game title from concept to ship.
- Experience with gameplay scripting (Lua, Python, Unrealscript, etc).
- Familiarity with XCode and Objective-C programming (preferred).
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine programming (preferred).
- Familiarity with online profile servicing, A/B testing and content delivery (preferred).
- Familiarity with the release process including systems related to localization, certification and asset management. (preferred).
- Thorough knowledge and comfort with object-oriented programming concepts.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used design patterns.
- Familiarity with version control (CVS, SVN, Perforce, etc.).
- Enjoyment of solving complex problems.
- Enjoyment of constantly learning about new hardware, software and programming languages.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading game systems and ship the highest quality AAA games.