- Develops the look and qualities of characters, props and environments for an animated film with direction from the Production Designer, Art Director and Surfacing Supervisor
- Handles a wide range of complex and technically demanding shader setups
- Troubleshoots creative and technical issues as they arise
- Provide asset/shot support to downstream departments
- Works with other departments to communicate Surfacing needs (primarily Modeling) and provide for other departments' needs (primarily Lighting)
- Ensures that character and environment assets are complete and ready for production
- Delivers optimized assets according to the needs of the schedule
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
• Good artistic eye for detail with ability to create a fleshed-out look to match various Art Department references
• Experience with texture painting in 3D paint packages (such as Mari, Substance, ZBrush)
• Experience with shading network setup (such as Maya, Houdini, Katana)
• Fur grooming proficiency a plus
• Detail oriented with ability to handle the complexity of a production pipeline
• Familiarity with Modeling and UV Layout
• Ability to solve problems independently - takes initiative
• Ability to work well in a team setting
• Background in visual arts desired
• Other discipline skills a plus (i.e. modeling, compositing, lighting, etc.)
• At least 3 years of high-end production experience on a feature film preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.