Zoic Studios is an award winning VFX company made up of accomplished individuals who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. "Visual Evolution" is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists and production teams can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of vfx. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive projects out there. Some of our recent credits include, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Legion, The Good Place, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
Our Los Angeles location is currently seeking a Character Artist (model/texture) for various projects across departments. This is an on-site contract position working under the supervision of the CG Lead, CG Supervisor and VFX Supervisor. Responsibilities
- Create digital characters based on provided concept art utilizing Maya, Zbrush, and Mari.
- Ability to work independently according to artistic direction.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure pipeline requirements are met.
- Implement best practices and anticipate potential problems.
- Proficiency in Maya, ZBrush, and Mari.
- Experience creating high resolution organic models.
- Experience creating photoreal characters for live-action TV shows, commercials, or films.
- Photorealistic texturing and shading experience.
- Strong retopologizing and UV skills.
- Knowledge of V-ray a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule for deliveries.
NOTE: This position is on-site in our Culver City studio. We are PC based. This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
*We also have the best homemade guacamole served in Culver City.