The Supervisor, Media Asset Coordination will lead a team responsible for the preparation and library entry of media assets into necessary systems/databases as well as the cataloguing and management of all content delivered to NBC Universal’s media asset library in Centennial Colorado. The position serves as the liaison between Media Operations Technicians, London Based Presentation Schedulers and various Marketing Production Companies, Advertising Agencies and Content Suppliers.
- Oversee operations staff including handling performance reviews and employee issues, creating monthly schedules, assisting with day to day operations and conducting training sessions.
- Work directly with Media Operations Director and to ensure monthly metrics are accurate
- Manage the creation and publication of standard operating procedures to ensure the operation achieves and exceeds its reliability goals and service level agreements
- Serves as the primary point of contact to the Stations’ traffic and programming teams for short-form content
- Liaises with the customer and the operation to ensure proper acquisition and ingest of all short-form programming.
- Submits one-time-only feed requests from the in-house occasional transmission provider.
- Liaises with syndicators, digital-delivery vendors, and content distributors to ensure programming is available for acquisition and ingest at the Denver Operations Center.
- Manages day-of-air and quick-turnaround program prep communication.
- Troubleshoots errant feeds or records and makes decisions on how to resolve issues through use of backup feeds or evergreen programming.
- Liaises with On Air Operations to communicate day-of-air changes and to ensure content is ready and available in time for air.
- Maintains awareness of missing material reports and works to resolve issues with long-form content as required.
• BA/BS in a related field
• 3+ yrs experience in the broadcast/media industry
• 1+ yrs of experience in a production, post production, broadcast, or communications environment
• Background in customer service or a client facing role
• 1+ yrs experience in a supervisory role in the broadcast/media industry
• Prior experience in broadcast scheduling or traffic
• Prior experience in media ingest and on-air operations
• Understanding of syndicated ingest guidelines and segmentation requirements
• Prior experience using media technology library and workflow systems
• Ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
• A team player, who is always respectful, follows rules and policy, has good communication skills, and maintains a positive attitude
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.