- Project Management – proven ability in managing projects from concept to completion. Able to prioritize appropriately and always meet deadlines.
- Excellent Teamwork – ability to assemble and motivate teams and work effectively with others.
- Superb Written & Verbal Communication – good at following directions; Ability to interact with and integrate requests of directors, broadcasters, executives,and clients.
- Organization – demonstrated organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 8 years production experience in film or television effects
- Thorough knowledge of 3D effects and simulation techniques
- Working knowledge of Maya and Houdini required
- Compositing experience is a plus
- UNIX/LINUX operating system experience required
- Experience programming Python is required
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Effects team to deliver the desired effect for the film.
- Provide constructive creative oversight and feedback to the Effects Technical Directors.
- Partner closely with show and production leadership to ensure the desired effects are delivered and that deadlines are met.
- Responsible for guiding the overall effects and simulations on schedule and budget.
- Partners with production management to provide artists with performance feedback, guidance, mentoring, resolving performance issues and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew.
- Attends all relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.