- Capable of high-end photo-realCG landscapes
- Experience with advanced matte painting techniques including, appropriate layering, scene management and reference gathering
- Good technical experience in photography or lighting with an emphasis on color and composition
- Good communication (fluent in English and/or German) and interpersonal skills
- Understanding the limitations of your knowledge and seeking expert advice when appropriate
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and under the pressure of tight deadlines
- 2 + years matte painting experience in a production environment
- Excellent skills in Photoshop, good knowledge of Mari and basic Knowledge of 3DsMax and NUKE, open to other programs
- Knowledge of Nuke and UV mapping workflow experience is a plus
- UV mapping workflow experience a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a 3D Environment Artist with 2+ years of experience in a production environment. You will be working with live action footage, digital photos, CG elements, and digital paint to create strong compositions and mood. The matte painting implementations include mostly complex multi-layered 3D projections, very few 2D backdrops.
You will also be required to have a work permit and permission to live in Germany if you are a non-EU citizen.