– Ability to create photo-real environments and landscapes exhibiting a strong foundation in photo-realistic traditional and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes. Performs tasks related to integrating added imagery into a shot, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and colour. Also responsible for creating original 2D and 3D content that may comprise part or all of an environment.
– Combines painting skills in animation software, with knowledge of photography, practical and digital modelling, and design, to create 2D and 3D paintings for digital environments.
– Works closely with the Supervisor to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements.
– Must have a strong artistic background and a sharp eye for detail.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– 2 + years of production experience.
– Very good Adobe Photoshop Knowledge.
– Some experience of Nuke is a plus.
– Strong knowledge of camera focal lengths, good sense of composition and an understanding of different output requirements. Requires knowledge of 2D and 3D animation, software, and motion.
– Strong knowledge and ability in perspective, flatbed scanning, and motion.
– Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including colour space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management (file format, bit depth resolution or appropriate layering of elements).
– A good understanding and application of basic perspective as a basis for a form building/correcting strategy in the creation of the digital environments.
– Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and colour.
To Apply for this Position:
• Include your current resume and rate. Please make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone and email.
• Priority will be given to US & Canadian applicants.