At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Effects Artist works closely with the Lead Effects Artist and Global VFX Supervisor to design and execute high quality effects that align with the production’s schedule and creative vision of the series.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Effects Artist to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Design, animate, light, and composite high quality effects utilizing Maya, Houdini, and Real Flow
Design, setup, organize, and document reusable FX rigs for Partner Studio(s)
Create reusable Nuke gizmos to work with corresponding FX rigs
Work with DreamWorks TV’s in-house CG team and the FX team(s) at our Partner Studio(s) to develop and implement FX setups that achieve the approved look and expectations of show Creative Leadership
Create or aid in the creation of Python tools as needed
Optimize setups for efficient rendering
Document workflows and processes using Camtasia video and Publisher software
Ensure all deliverables are completed on time and according to production standards
As needed, serve as Effects point person in production specific meetings and reviewsQualifications/Requirements
- Strong understanding of Maya dynamics; knowledge of rigid bodies, nCloth, nParticles, fluid systems, and soft bodies
- Extensive understanding of Real Flow
- Experience with Houdini and Houdini Engine
- Knowledge of Python scripting
- Strong background in rendering
- Knowledge of V-Ray and building shading networks
- Experience in advanced compositing utilizing Nuke
- Strong aesthetic for lighting, composition, and color
- Strong understanding of animation and timing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- At least 3 years of experience working within a 3D production pipeline in television animation, feature animation, VFX, and/or video games
- Knowledge of Particle Illusion preferred
- Experience working with effects stock footage libraries a plus
- Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.