Weta Digital is seeking a Pipeline Developer to join the Look-Dev R&D department.Our mission:
- To create and support all the tools used for Look Development within the company, including texturing, material authoring, shading surfacing, appearance modelling
- Conduct research in appearance-related problems, such as material models, material filtering, material measurement, texture creation, for the purposes of improving quatlity and efficiency of Look Development.
The ideal candidate will have extensive pipeline engineering experience within a production environment, as well as software engineering expertise. Internship and junior positions are also available for this role.Responsibilities:
- Participate in code design and code reviews within the Look-Dev R&D department.
- Integrate and test new Look-Dev technology within a production pipeline.
- Provide support for Look-Dev tools to hundreds of production users.
- 3+ years experience with Python, Qt and PyQt/PySide.
- Experience with programming against database interfaces and domain APIs.
- Good understanding of modern programming techniques and tools.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to write practical and efficient production code.
- Ability to design, write, document, test, debug and share code within a team.
- Good communications skills and English language fluency.
- Comfortable talking to users and developers and understanding feature requests.
- Experience with C/C++ programming.
- Experience with Maya scripting and programming.
- Masters-level degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand