Sony Imageworks Vancouver is seeking an Environments Lead!Job Description:
As an Environments Lead at SPI, you will be responsible for the design and creation of detailed large-scale full-CG and matte painted environments for live-action and animated features.
You will use a flexible generalist approach to your work, but within the context of a mature pipeline with well-defined standards.
You will lead teams of environment artists and TDs, directing their efforts and providing creative and technical support where needed.Requirements:
Nice to have:
- Ideally 7+ years experience making environments for high-end live-action vfx feature films and/or television series.
- Experience on animated feature films a bonus but not essential.
- 2+ years experience leading teams of artists.
- Environment modelling
- Natural Environments: landscapes, foliage, rocks & debris, etc.
- Urban Environments: background cities.
- Environment Texturing & Lookdev
- Procedural & painted texturing
- Generating flow/deposition/erosion/arbitrary masks to modulate texturing/lookdev
- Basic lookdev setup
- Environment dressing/layout
- Scattering tools & manual layout
- Matte Painting
- Multi-camera projections on geometry
- Photoshop, Nuke, Maya, Speedtree
- Houdini Landscape Tools, Terragen, WorldMachine, Vue or similar.
- Experience working within a large-scale vfx pipeline
- Software: Mari, Substance Designer/Painter, Houdini, Katana/Arnold
- Administrative skills
- Soft skills
- Good leadership ability
- Good client interaction
To Apply: Please complete an application online here: Apply
- Website: http:// Apply/
- Facebook: https:// Apply/SonyPicturesImageworks
- Twitter: http:// Apply/imageworksvfx
- YouTube: http:// Apply/imageworksvfx