As an Assistant T echnical Director ( A TD) you will perform a variety of tasks to assist the Pipeline T echnical Directors (Pipeline TDs) to ensure the smooth running of the tools, software and workflows used on our award-winning VFX and Feature Animation shows. Y ou will be working closely with the Pipeline TDs to provide face-to-face support for artists.
Our talented A TDs are highly technical and have an appetite for innovation. Y ou will be regularly required to:
• provide technical advice and support for artists
• monitor render farm, disk usage and file transfers between sites
• contribute to testing and feedback for software releases from the R&D team
• design and write Python tools and scripts for shows to use
As well as being able to learn quickly on the job and use your aptitude for initiative to take on technical tasks when required, you will need to be an excellent communicator - your ability to accurately and succinctly communicate problems between technical developers and non-technical artists will help you thrive in this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your technical skills in an entry-level position and gain experience in the V isual E f fects industr y . Y ou will be exposed to every step of our pipeline and will be involved in the production of exceptional VFX and animation work on projects ranging from blockbuster epics to television dramas.
This role opens up opportunities to progress through Double Negative ’ s Pipeline group as a Pipeline TD and Pipeline Superviso r , with potential opportunities in di f ferent specialisms and departments across the compan y .
Must H ave
• Experience with Linux
• Good knowledge of Maya
• Good Python scripting skills
Nice to H ave
• Previous work experience in V isual E f fects, Games or another related industry
• Experience with a variety of DCC packages such as Houdini, Katana, Nuke or Clarisse
• A degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics or related field
W e would not be able to produce award-winning work without our Production T echnology department, which is committed to nurturing an inclusive, diverse and exciting workplace. Our technical directors have a variety of backgrounds and originate from a number of di f ferent countries, working across the globe at the forefront of technology in the industr y .
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.