Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Legion, Games of Thrones, The Walking Dead, The Good Place, and Cloak & Dagger.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Los Angeles location is currently seeking a freelance 2D Lead with strong shot finishing skills.
The 2D Lead will work in a team environment taking direction from the project Supervisors and Creative Directors, as well as work in conjunction with the 3D Leads to complete shots on various projects.Responsibilities:
- Work with Department Supervisors to achieve creative goals and maintain quality standards.
- Working with 2D Look Development on any new 3D environments and characters.
- Work with CG Leads to ensure modules are completed for any new environments.
- Responsible for setting up modules for Nuke assets and dispersing to 2D teams.
- Work with Producer and Project Supervisors for sequence assignments.
- Overall, main liaison between 2D needs with all other departments.
- Work with Project Supervisors to interpret and achieve client notes.
- May review shots before passing on to Supervisors and Creative Director.
- Working with compositors to achieve creative goals in most efficient manner possible.
- Attend dailies sessions.
- Lead a team of up to 4-5 artists at one time.
- Provide constructive feedback to your team.
- Mentor artists.
- 5 years of compositing experience within film and/or television (live action).
- Past experience in a lead role within VFX.
- Expert knowledge of Nuke.
- Working knowledge of Maya a plus.
- Experience with full CG environments.
- Experience in 2D Look Dev for both characters and environments.
- Experience in communicating client notes to artists.
- Knowledge and understanding of render passes provided by Lighting.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to delegate tasks as well as work on-the-box.
- Positive attitude, hard worker.
- Experience leading and mentoring others.
- Up-to-date comprehensive reel showcasing latest work.
*Must be able to work onsite at our Los Angeles location. Current LA residents a plus as we do not cover relocation/housing.