Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN TITLE
FLOWLINE TD JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to the FX Supervisor, the Flowline TD receives creative direction to create high-caliber dynamic and riveting visual 3D FX. This role requires trouble shooting skills to be able to solve technical and artistic issues while meeting client requirements and production deadlines. RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Develop and produce a wide variety of realistic visual effects, including but not limited to destruction, smoke, fire, water and the supernatural
- Work under the guidance multiple supervisors to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy, often exploring different approaches and looks
- Work with the FX Leads to produce various elements using presets and templates, and to expand and improve upon these templates
- Revise simulations based on client and supervisor feedback in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the Lighting Dept. to ensure smooth integration of FX elements
- Work within the established pipeline and offer constructive suggestions to improve the process
- Help develop and explore new ways to enhance results
- Help teammates debug issues and learn new methods
TOOLS & SOFTWARE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years live action VFX experience using FLOWLINE
- Creative ability and artistic talent, demonstrated by previous work
- Strong experience in creating a wide variety of simulations (destruction, atmospheric, fluid, supernatural, etc.)
- Understanding of physics, realistic motion, and assorted natural phenomena at different scales
- Exceptional technical skills, the ability to learn new software quickly, and a hunger to stay on the leading edge
- Strong willingness to grow, learn new methods and share knowledge with others
- Ability to independently and proactively solve technical issues
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive in the face of deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and an open mind
- Team player able to work in a cooperative, fast-paced environment
- Compositing and scripting experience a plus
- 3DS Max
- Thinking Particles
+Dental Insurance HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.