TT Games, a division of WB Games Inc are looking to recruit a Senior Simulations Programmer.
As a Simulation Programmer at TT Games you will research and develop the novel and cross platform Physics, A.I., Vehicle, I.K and Animation technologies that will power the next wave of TT adventures.
This role offers a rare and exciting opportunity to work on a variety of system while also focusing on a particular discipline of interest. Main Responsibilities
Core Skills & Experience
- Maintain and develop the vehicle, script, physics, AI and character animation systems.
- Maintain and develop the editor integration and Maya exporters for these systems.
- Quickly fix any crash bugs for the above systems.
- Provide technical support to other programming, art and animation teams.
- Provide solutions to technical problems within your areas of expertise.
- Minimise platform specific or special case code.
- Maximise re-use of code.
- Ensure that code is designed and written to be robust and stable with minimal bugs.
- Ensure that code builds and any problems are resolved prior to committing.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of tools-related technologies.
- Identify poorly coded / implemented systems and restructure existing code to make it more efficient.
- Debugging difficult problems.
- Support Lead Programmer in supplying cover where required.
- Assume responsibility for systems and be able to resolve problems when required.
- Identify deficiencies across systems maintained by the team.
- Assist Lead Programmer in designing architecture.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies
- Provide coaching to Programmers and Junior Programmer where appropriate and with direction from the Lead Programmer.
About TT Games
- A good degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or related subject.
- Demonstrably fluent in Object Oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills.
- A passion for games and solving the technical problems they present.
- Strong maths skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, 3d geometry, quaternions).
- A highly motivated team-player with the ability to dive in, understand code and learn quickly.
- Knowledge and experience with either Vehicle simulation/ Physics engines / AI algorithms and middleware / Procedural Animation or IK systems.
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With more than 25 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our more than 25 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.