The NBC Boston News Producer will be responsible for news of the day, special coverage, in-depth stories, breaking news and other news-related content as needed.
• Responsible for the content and overall production of the local newscasts
• Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
• Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
• Contribute story ideas for the newscast and work closely with reporters to execute those ideas
• Produce news stories and specials as assigned
• Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed
• Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
• Copy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copy
• Must work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news
• Field produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platforms
• Ensure accuracy of and update information for the on-air news ticker/crawl at the bottom of the screen
Qualifications/Requirements Bachelor's Degree Required
Minimum of 3 years of television news line producing experience
Minimum of 3 years of technical skills in news production including creating show rundowns
Must be proficient in desktop editing
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply to be considered
Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, holidays, weekends and respond to breaking news events.
Must be willing to work at the station in Newton, MA.
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Must be 18 years or older.
Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Experience line producing breaking news
Excellent tease-writing skills
High degree of flexibility in scheduling and assignments
Driven interest in current events & local issues
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.