We aim to compete with the best in the business and will rely on our talented Surfacing Artists to create complex textures, surface, and groom qualities needed for the completion of CG Characters and hard surface
models. Delivery of high quality hair, fur, feathers and organisation of elements for our 3D characters and environments will be required as you collaborate with the team to determine design and technical solutions.
Known for the quality of the work we produce, our Surfacing Artists work closely with their Leads and show Supervisors to achieve the desired looks of assets an to maintain the high level of work while meeting deadlines.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of high-end feature VFX film production, TV, or Animated Features
• Experience working on high quality photo realistic shading, surfacing and texturing
• Excellent eye and attention to detail with ability to match reference
• Experience creating textures either by hand or procedurally
• A good understanding of material properties and proven ability with node-based procedural shading
• Ability to work with other Departments such as Lighting to communicate technical solutions and surfacing need
• Understanding of rendering efficiency and of physical plausible rendering
• Proficiency in Mari (preferred), Zbrush, and Photoshop
• Demo reel with descriptive break down demonstrating knowledge and experience in Painting, Look Development, Texturing, Illustration, or Design
Nice to Have
• Previous experience with fur and feather grooming tools
• Experience with Nuke / Clarisse / Maya and other renderers
• Experience with Substance Designer and Painter
• Experience setting up LookDev Render Environments
• Good understanding of Colour/Grading/Lighting
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good time management
• Independent in problem solving and troubleshooting
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.