Weta Digital is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Look Dev R&D department. Our mission is to create and support all the tools used for Look Development within the company, including texturing, material authoring, shading surfacing, appearance modelling. We also conduct research in appearance-related problems, such as material models, material filtering, material measurement, texture creation, for the purposes of improving quality and efficiency of Look Development.
To be considered for this role you will have extensive software engineering expertise and a solid computer graphics R&D background. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Participating in code design and code reviews within the Look-Dev R&D department.
- Implementing and testing new Look-Dev technology within a production pipeline.
- Providing support for Look-Dev tools to hundreds of production users.
- 3+ years of solid C++ software development experience.
- Good understanding of computer graphics techniques (linear algebra, material models, light transport algorithms, geometry processing tools, etc).
- Ability to translate a paper or research idea into practical and efficient production code.
- Ability to design, write, debug and share code within a team.
- Great communications skills and English language fluency.
- Ability to listen to and empathise with users.
Why join us?
- Previous experience in computer graphics research.
- Previous experience in software engineering in the VFX industry.
Weta Digital is an industry-leading, award-winning visual effects and animation facility based in Wellington, New Zealand. We offer a flexible, creative, dynamic and supportive environment, and the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology. We are an equal-opportunity organisation who value diversity.
If this opportunity interests you, we’d love
to see your application.
Location: Wellington - New Zealand