• Demonstrates strong conceptual ideas and visual creativity to form original characters.
• Explores and generates a large quantity of diverse ideas for film’s characters. Exploration will include shape variation, degree of caricature and stylization, age, body type, etc.
• Creates pages of deeper development for a given character, including facial expressions, body gestures, poses, and attitudes that reflect the inner workings of the character.
• Designs costumes and may provide color styling for characters.
• Works closely with Modelers. Understands how 2D drawings inform 3D shapes, and is able to describe the transition from flat shapes to volumes both verbally and through supporting drawings.
• Communicates progress of work to production staff. Ensure all deadlines are met.Qualifications/Requirements
• Strong understanding of design principles.
• Solid understanding of 3D form.
• Proficient in Photoshop, knowledge of Maya and/or ZBrush a plus.
• Strong time management skills.
• Able to adapt to a broad range of styles from realistic to stylized.
• Ability to think and design from concept to finish independently.
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.