Position - Title Artist Manager Reporting Manager – Global Head of RPM
The Artist Manager is a d epartment role that provides career management for artists in the department and ensures all
Shows have the teams they need to create the highest quality of work on time, on budget, and in a sustainable way.
Creative and Technical Responsibilities
Accountable for implementing strategies to improve operational efficiency on an ongoing basis.
- Delivery of each Show by providing appropriate artists to complete the work within the department. Supporting artists in their department.
Production Planning Responsibilities
- Accountable for delivering work on schedule by efficiently managing productivity and cross department communication.
- Delivery plans and schedules for shows.
Talent Development Responsibilities
- Accountable for line management of artists
- Career progression to fulfil the potential of all artists.
- Performance management - Probationary reviews, annual and ongoing appraisals. Providing accurate and detailed feedback on artists
- Succession planning to ensure key vacancies can be filled from within the department.
- Executing strategies for retention of the existing talent.
- Accountable for planning training to ensure artists are prepared for upcoming work.
- Delivering training on current methodology to artists within the department.
- Delivering inductions for artists new to the department.
Team Management Responsibilities
- Understanding the work and requirements of each Show to ensure it has the best possible team for the work.
- Providing Department Supervisors with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and experience of their
- Balancing the needs and priorities of all Shows and Artists.
- Assigning Artists to appropriate roles.
- Collaborates on planning and managing headcount.
Accountable : Critical responsibilities, people are expected to act proactively to ensure these are met.
Collaborates : Shared responsibilities, people are expected to partner with accountable individuals.
Contributes : Passive responsibilities, people are expected to contribute to when directed by others.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.