A Technical Director (TD) provides critical support to a show's artists and department heads. A Technical Director will design, develop, and implement new tools and processes for a particular show or department.Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
- Assist animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering.
- Support and work with multiple departments, including Modeling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and Research and Development.
- Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
- Work closely with other Technical Directors, Department Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, and the Pipeline team to maintain and further the production pipeline.
- Assist in training and mentoring of other Entry Level and Associate Technical Directors.
- Reports to the show's Supervising Technical Director.
- Production experience in computer animation, visual effects, or game industry.
- Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
- Strong programming skills. Proficiency in Python required; Object Oriented Programming, C++, C, desired.
- Experience with Maya or other 3rd Party Animation systems.
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.