OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
Responsible for leading the story team. Works closely with Director and Producer to translate story from written word to visual form. Helps to identify and solve problems of story telling be they problems of structure, narrative, character arcs, continuity, complexity, etc. Represents the story department as creative liaison in communications with other departments throughout the production pipeline.
•Partners with Director and Producer to realize their vision.
•Offers solutions to script / story problems.
•Attends all script and story-related meetings. Helps director to disseminate relevant information to the crew.
•Reviews all work produced by the department.
•Collaborates with Production Supervisor to manage the crew, and to strategize future goals, milestones and projects.
• Assists in casting to artists and in dissemination of work to keep department moving toward specified goals.
• Responsible for talent development. Takes part in evaluation of new candidates for hire. Serves as mentor to junior artists and new hires. Responsible for yearly reviews of story crew which recognize strengths and identify weaknesses.
• Fosters a spirit of collaboration, positivity and dedication.
• Comprehensive knowledge of story structure, cinematic technique and character development.
• Strong drawing skills and an ability to handle drama, action and comedic elements.
• Must have worked as a story artist on a minimum of 5 animated feature films
• Extensive experience leading a team of artists
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with all levels of staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.