· Produce content (live, taped, multimedia) for various NBC platforms
· Work with correspondents to prepare live reports
· Field produce
· Conduct interviews
· Supervise the editing of stories
· Pitch original story ideas and evaluate potential stories
· Supervise feeding, including from fiber, LiveU, microwave sources, satellites, etc.
· Shoot stories as a digital journalist
· Limited on air reporting if requiredQualifications/Requirements
• Must have a minimum of 3 years editorial experience working in production at a network/cable news operation
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to travel extensively
• Excellent news judgment
• Strong writing and research skills
• Solid skills producing live reports including coordinating with a live control room
• Knowledge of the daily production needs of news programs, special reports and interrupt
• Solid experience as a cutting producer
• Demonstrated field producing experience
• Experience covering the White House
• Exposure to Washington pool arrangements, rotations and policies
• Familiarity with transmission pools and remote production needs
• Familiar with all social media platforms
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
• Proven ability to prioritize and make critical decisions under tight deadlines
• Team player who can also work independently and is a self-starter
• Previous White House experience preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.