The Media Tools Team is seeking an experienced software developer to help develop and support tools and web services for the management and delivery of media for DreamWorks animated films. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter able to hit the ground running in an evolving, fast-paced production environment.
The R&D Media Tools Team is responsible for the tracking, manipulation, and playback of various media files (still images, movies, audio) in the animation pipeline. Partnering closely with artists, TD’s, and production staff throughout the production of animated feature films.Responsibilities include:
● Work with development teams on API service design, service workflows, documentation, and testing
● Interface with operational staff to coordinate deployments, setup monitoring tools, manage server configuration, and debug live issues
● Respond in a timely fashion to production requests for support, bug fixes, and enhancementsQualifications/Requirements
● BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
● 3+ years of Java development experience
● Very comfortable with Java technologies (Maven, Spring, Hibernate)
● Thorough understanding of web service technologies (REST/SOAP, HTTP, XML/JSON)
● Comfortable in a Linux development environment and shell scripting
● MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
● Familiar with app servers such as JBoss/Tomcat
● Work with CI/CD systems (Jenkins, Bamboo, Kubernetes)
● Experience with messaging such as QPID,RabbitMQ a plus
● Experience with Postgres databases
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.