The Special Projects team at CNBC is responsible for executing remote productions associated with our Business News operation. From the Olympics to our new conferences & events business, there is something exciting for news junkies and event gurus alike.
Responsibilities of the AP could include, but are not limited to:
- Support team’s managers and overall event and special projects production execution
- Manage production elements and maintain staffing and guest lists
- Coordinate site visits and travel itineraries
- Coordinate hotel blocks and on-site registration for events and special projects
- Put together venue proposal decks and prepare materials for presentations
- Attend production meetings as necessary
- Research potential guests and ideas for various special projects
- Compose and prepare various correspondence, typically in high-pressure situations and under tight deadlines
- Assist in the coordination of remote productions
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 1 year news events production experience or in a production admin capacity
• Strong computer skills including Powerpoint
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have positive, can-do attitude for high performance, high output position
• Must be a self-starter who can work independently as well as collaborate successfully with teams across the network
• Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities for a high level executive
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with all levels of management
• Excellent organization, detail orientated prioritization, time management and communication skills
• Exceptional follow through
• Ability to handle confidential material with utmost discretion
• Strong written and communication skills
• Self-starter, able to work independently and seek out answers & resources on own
• Experience in media / news industry
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include Apply
, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.