FX Artist, Senior
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket's; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary and The Get Dow n.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking Senior FX Artists
The FX Artist
reports to the FX Supervisor and is responsible for creating and completing a variety of dynamics and effects work for film, streamed and broadcast television projects.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, create and implement high quality photo-real effects including Water, Fire, Smoke, Explosions, Clouds, Debris, Magical etc.
- Design, create and implement efficient methods, tools, and workflows
- Understand and work within the studio/show structure / pipeline
- Work with TDs and Pipeline to improve FX processes
- Integrate created elements into scenes with lighting and shading
- Document developed technologies.
- Report regularly to the FX Supervisor for creative approvals, technical or administrative concerns
- Follow the creative direction set forth by the production and communicated by the FX Supervisor and VFX Supervisor
- Stays current with latest technologies, methods, and workflows.
- Mentor artists.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Film/Television as an FX Artist.
- Senior level knowledge of, and proven ability to use Houdini and Maya to develop high quality photo-real dynamic effects.
- Past experience of renders such as VRay, RenderMan, Arnold
- Past experience with Mantra.
- Senior level experience with rigid body dynamics and particle systems
- Adaptable to change of direction during production and in tight deadlines
- Strong technical knowledge for problem solving, verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in order to deliver on time and on budget
- Knowledge of coding/scripting in current production languages Ie: Python, VEX, Hscript, C++, and Mel
- Strong understanding of rendering and shading techniques and procedures
- Extensive experience of breakout layers for compositing and ability to slap comp FX passes
- Excellent English communication both verbal and written.
- Positive attitude
- Highly organized
- Past experience with mentoring junior artists
- Problem solving capabilities with a “solution-driven” attitude
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Experience in fast pace environment
- Must showcase a comprehensive reel demonstrating photo real FX capabilities as outlined
BC Residents Preferred.
375 Water Street, Vancouver, BC
wage range: $48.08 - $63.00