Dreamworks Animation is seeking a mid-to-senior level hands-on Java Services Engineer to join our Core Production Services (CorPS) team. The CorPS team develops and supports a microservices-based platform that provides a foundation for asset management across the animation production pipeline. CorPS services are integrated with pipeline tools, proprietary and third-party artist-facing applications, and are instrumental in serving up data into distributed production rendering systems within the studio.Responsibilities include:
● Creating and supporting microservices and libraries that manage the storage, retrieval, and indexing of asset files and metadata
● Work with development teams on API service design, service workflows, documentation, and testing
● Interface with operational staff to coordinate deployments, setup monitoring tools, manage server configuration, and debug live issues
● Assist clients on migration plans to adopt to the new services & toolsQualifications/Requirements
● Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience
● 3+ years of Java, Python or Kotlin development experience
● Thorough understanding of microservice-based technologies (REST, JSON)
● Familiarity with service oriented architecture concepts
● Experience with highly scalable and redundant service architectures
● Ability to research and adapt new technologies quickly in a very dynamic work environment
● Relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
● Graph databases (Neo4J, DSE Graph)
● NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, Redis)
● Microservice container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
● Messaging technologies (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.