NBC News is seeking a Photo Editor for a position at its headquarters in Rockefeller Center New York.
● Edit images each day for inclusion in digital and TV news properties, create photo galleries for Apply
and match news photos to stories being published on the site
● Assist television producers as they incorporate still photos in video pieces for news programs across NBC cable and broadcast properties
● Work with multiple sources to edit the visual report on a wide range of topics for all NBC News platforms
● Monitor news agency wire feeds of 15-20K photos daily for publication on NBC News Digital platforms and on cable and broadcast shows
● Curate both editorial and headline photos for inclusion on digital platforms and on cable and broadcast shows
● Execute assignments generated by assignment and news editors
● Maintain and administer centralized photo database
● Cover breaking news, sending still image information back to the main newsroom
● Work as a team player across all NBC News platformsQualifications/Requirements
● Must have high ethical standards, organizational, and interpersonal skills
● Must have a broad knowledge and curiosity about news as well as a keen eye for spotting interesting and newsworthy visual content are desired, as well as an understanding of industry tools and techniques
● Undergraduate degree, preferably in Journalism, Political Science, or English
● At least three years as a photo editor at a news organization, or a comparable body of freelance work
● Ability to edit still photography for digital platforms
Additional Job Requirements:
● Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
● Must be willing to work in New York
● Willingness to travel and work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.