Weta Digital is hiring Pipeline Engineers for the Shots R&D department to help build production pipeline tools and workflows within the FX domain. The Shots R&D department provides the pipeline for the FX, Lighting, Comp and Matte Painting departments, and solutions that interconnect these departments with other groups in the company.
The FX Pipeline Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining the FX department pipeline, and ensuring it is running smoothly and efficiently. The role would suit a candidate with well developed technical skills and a genuine interest in problem solving. It requires interaction with artists as well as software engineers and other pipeline groups within the facility. Therefore good communication skills and a willingness to work on multiple varied tasks are essential.
Most importantly, the candidate must be motivated and interested in the opportunity to learn new systems and concepts and be willing and able to adapt to the changing needs of feature film production.Required Skills:
- Creating innovative and robust production pipeline development and workflow solutions.
- Strong interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Python, broad experience with other programming languages a plus.
- Experience with source control systems such as SVN/git
- Knowledge of and experience using Linux environment
- Experience with simulation software for visual effects or computer animation.
- Experience working in an FX department or directly with FX artists.
- Degree in Computer Science, Graphics discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience as an FX artist.
- Team leadership experience.
- Experience with QT and UX design.
- Experience with Houdini APIs
- Strong technical understanding of shading, lighting and rendering.
- Knowledge of Alembic or similar cache based based workflows.
If this sounds like you, we would love
to hear from you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand