Weta Digital is currently looking for experienced environment modellers.
Please note - you must have at least 3 years feature film experience.Summary
The Environment Modeller is responsible for the creation of the environment digital assets across all shows. Qualified candidates must have proven experience in production environments, demonstrating ability with high-end 3D modelling tools to create complex models. The ability to create accurate models from 2d reference, previs, photogrammetry or scan data. The environment modeler will also be responsible for handing off models that meet the technical requirements for other departments within Weta such as FX, Shaders, DMP and Layout. Additional Requirements:
- An impressive reel showing a wide range of organic / environment models with clean and efficient topology
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience using Maya in a production environment (please note that due to our pipeline Maya knowledge is considered a must). Additionally, an ability to script in MEL and/or Python is an asset
- Experience in managing complexity of Environment builds and associated asset inventory.
- Experience with Mudbox or Z-Brush.
- Photogrammetry processing.
- Experience with Houdini or World machine also beneficial.
- Ability to take direction and work independently while being an effective team player
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Linux desktop and system commands to perform daily tasks comfortably
- Excellent organizational. communication skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand