• Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
• Assist artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering.
• Support and work with multiple departments, including Modeling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and Research and Development.
• Optimize scenes for viewport & render
• Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
• Work closely with other Technical Directors, Production Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, and Production Engineering to maintain and further the production pipeline.
• Assist in training and mentoring of other Entry Level and Associate Technical Director
• Strong Knowledge of Maya and VRAY as well as Arnold
• 2+ years experience in visual effects
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good organization and communication skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a strong team environment
• Previous experience in a Visual Effects production environment
• Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines.
• Willingness to share knowledge
• Strong understanding of rendering methods
• Strong programming skills. Proficiency in Python and Mel Script
• Experience of real-world lighting and photography is a plus
• Knowledge of C an/or C++ is a plus
• HOUDINI / MANTRA experience would be a PLUS
You will also be required to have a work permit and permission to live in Germany if you are a non-EU citizen.