- A strong interest in Previz/Layout, storytelling.
- Strong knowledge of cinematic language and the fundamentals of image structure, staging, lensing,and composition.
- Strong knowledge of story structure.
- Shotgun knowledge
- Some exposure to modeling, lighting, texturing and animation is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in the Maya environment and solid knowledge of the basic tools of the CG Previz artist.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Director and Pre-viz Supervisor to create cinematic sequences in the 3-D environment that both interpret and enhance the unique vision for the story.
- Must be able to work from storyboards and/or create sequences from script treatments.
- Able to analyze, troubleshoot and creatively solve cinematic problems that inevitably arise in the course of production.
- Able to pitch and effectively communicate these solutions and ideas to the Director, Previz Supervisor and creative team.
- Work with the Director, the Previz Supervisor and the CG Supervisor to refine sequence and shot iterations until approved.
- Adhere to Pipeline protocols for the Previz department, as established by Production
- Identify and flag any pipeline or department work-flow problems that may arise.
- Adhere to the production schedule for the department.
- Attend department meetings to keep up to date on story reel changes and department
- Communicate in a timely fashion with Production for all inter-department issues.
- Attend all sequence reviews, launches and approvals with the Director and Maintain detailed and accurate notes.
- Provide a clean, legible final file and appropriate notes to the next department (Shot-prep).