Description PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.
We do not currently have openings available for the position of TV Matte Painter, however, we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our databaseand contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
Matte Painters at DNEG TV create photo-realistic matte paintings that are to be used as an element to either embellish or replace live action footage.
You will be adept with in working with varied media, including live action footage, still photography, rendered CG elements, and digital painting to create believable environments on high-end VFX projects.Must Have
- 3+ years Matte Painting experience for TV or Film
- Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including colour space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management
- A good understanding and application of basic perspective as a basis for a form building/correcting strategy in the creation of digital environments
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and colour
- Working knowledge of the basic principles of 3D texture projections in Maya
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional aptitude for time management in relation to bringing multiple priorities and tasks to completion within a set deadline
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- A team leader, approachable and personable, with strong motivational qualities
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.