Look Development Artists
Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the very best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new stories to the big screen for audiences around the world. Constantly challenged to create innovative new technologies for animated features, theme park productions, and special projects for the Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney Animation Studios is home to some of the most talented artists working in the film industry today.
Look Development artists are responsible for creating the materials, textures, and geometric instances that define the look of environments and characters. We are looking for artists who thrive in a team environment. This includes the ability to share ideas and also be open to ideas within the team. We currently have an exciting opportunity for experienced look development artists at our Burbank, CA studio.
- Work closely with asset supervisors and production design to develop the look of our animated films
- Author materials, textures, procedural instancing, and hair/fur
- Bring assets to technically efficient and artistically appealing final completion
- Bachelors degree in digital art, computer graphics, or related field
- 4+ years experience in Look Development (film/television/games)
- Strong technical skills toward achieving an art-directable aesthetic
- Ability to work closely with others in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of materials, procedural geometry, and environment authoring
- Proficiency in texturing and digital painting
- Physically-based rendering experience
- Grooming skills
- Maya experience
- Linux experience
- Understanding the production pipeline
- Shader-writing and scripting knowledge is beneficial
Visual examples of images exemplifying work in this area are requested for review. Additionally, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.