CFX Artist – Feature Animation Division
DNEG Feature Animation, a ne wly formed division with in DNEG is dedicated to the creation of high end Animated Features. Together we will bring the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions to life. Currently we are in production on a project in collaboration with Locksmith Animation called Ron’s Gone Wrong.
Key Purpose of the Job:
Character FX Artists at DNEG will work closely with the CFX Supervisor to understand the vision of the Dir ector for cloth/hair and fur on our Feature Animation projects. You will create and run simulations for hair/cloth/fur using Maya/Houdini . You will work collaboratively with your team to find the best te chnical and creative solutions in order to meet production needs and produce simulations that matches the high quality vision for our projects.
- Minimum of 2 years experience on feature films
- Thorough knowledge of an area of creature /character specialisation and a broad understanding of the other areas, which include rigging and enveloping in Maya, cloth, hair, flesh, rigid body destruction, crowd simulations
- Full working knowledge of Maya
- Be comfortable with the more technical aspects of creature /character work where appropriate
- Have strong visual and artistic skills
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical creature heavy post production environment
Nice to Have
- Experience on Feature Animation projects
- Programming or scripting skills (e.g. Python, Mel), depending on the area of specialisation
- An interest in anatomy, tailoring, grooming or mechanics depending on your area of specialisation
- Houdini Creature /Character FX set-ups and simulation
- A good General TD background
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumba i, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montre al, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.
Since the opening of our first studio in London in 1998 we’ve always focused on building close working relationships with filmmakers. We thrive on the collaboration and the creative energy this provides, and we are dedicated to delivering excellence on every project we are involved with.
We’ve brought home the Oscar for ‘Best VFX’ for three out of the last four years. In total, we’ve been honoured with 4 Academy Award wins, 4 BAFTA Awards and 8 Visual Effects Society Awards for our visual effects work on shows like ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Ex Machina ’, ‘Interstellar’, ‘Inception’ and ‘Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2’.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.