Position at Quebec City
Under the supervision of visual effects supervisor, the Artist will create shading passed to ensure that models and textures are combined into hyper-realistic assets.Responsibilities:
- Artist must be able to develop looks to ensure assets can be properly lit and are technically correct to help create hyper-realistic passes
- Take assets from the texturing department and push surface qualities further in terms of realism.
- Creates surfaces that react realistically to light, and obey physical and natural phenomenon
- Finalizes assets technically and artistically, validating work with turntables and various tech checks.
- Creates lighting setups that become reference shots for sequences
- Sets up Nuke scripts that will be used by the compositing and lighting department
- Set up and maintain a preset shader bank for different surface qualities
- Be able to work with the visual effects supervisor and Lead CG to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches.
- Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a VFX studio
- Experience with Maya to create and achieve the texture for hyper-realistic backgrounds and environments.
- Experience working with Mari, an asset
- Experience working with Arnold
- Self-driven, good communicator, and a great-team player
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Work ethic focused on the dynamism and collaboration
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and problem solving