Weta Digital is accepting Expressions of Interest for Shader TD roles.
Candidates will ideally have at least 3 years of feature film experience
and display the following attributes:Essential skills:
- Experience in shading and look developing for photo-realistic feature films.
- Strong LookDev skills (both artistically and technically), with an excellent understanding of physically based shading & rendering.
- Ability to come up with creative, efficient rendering solutions for a wide variety of assets
- Ability to manage multiple assets at the same time, and put them seamlessly together in a visually coherent solution
- Familiarity with Maya and Linux.
- Experience with all aspects of the rendering pipeline.
- Strong communication, task management and organisational skills.
- Ability to implement both technical and artistic solutions in order to efficiently handle complexity
- Experience leading teams or small groups of artists
- Knowledge of Python scripting
- Shader writing experience
Within the Shaders Department at Weta, the work we undertake requires areas of specialised experience and focus; for example Environments, Materials, Characters & FX. Whilst we are looking for people with capabilities in all areas, we're also very interested in talking to Artists who have specific experience in one or more of these areas.
Location: Wellington - New Zealand