Weta Digital is seeking a Senior Build Engineer to improve our automated build and release infrastructure. Key aspects of the role include developing standards for building a wide variety of complex C++ and Python projects, and collaborating with engineers from multiple departments to ensure that a common set of best practices is widely adopted. Extensive Python programming experience is a prerequisite, and in-depth experience with a wide range of build systems is required. The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record developing large-scale applications in C++.Requirements:
Desirable experience and skills:
- 3+ years of experience as a build engineer for a large software project.
- 3+ years of Python programming experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practices in automating the building C++ and Python projects.
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of build automation frameworks (e.g. make, cmake, Ninja, Waf).
- Ability to work independently with numerous stakeholders in a customer-oriented production environment.
- A degree in Computer Science or a strong background in software engineering.
- Experience programming in C/C++ on a large-scale project.
- Familiarity with Agile development, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Experience developing tools for visual effects or animated feature production.
- Comfortable working in a Linux development environment.
If this sounds like you – please get in touch – we would LOVE to hear from you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand