At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Directors lead an episodic storyboard team to ensure that the style, vision, and creative ambitions for the storyboards are met for each of their assigned episodes. Working closely with the Storyboard Artists and Revisionists, our Directors are also providing guidance and mentorship to their team. Directors also collaborate with the Animatic Editors to deliver animatics that meet the style and pacing of the show.
DreamWorks Animation Television has exciting new opportunities for Directors to join its in-house team in Glendale, CA. We are seeking candidates who are familiar with the animation pipeline and experienced in drawing storyboards. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
- Collaborate with the Supervising Producer to discuss creative ambitions and producibility for each episode
- Prepare for and lead storyboard handouts by communicating storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish to the Storyboard team
- Participate in storyboard reviews and provide clear notes for revisions
- Evaluate the continuity and quality of all storyboards and punch up the storyboards and/or animatics as needed
- Review animatics with Animatic Editors to direct pacing
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
- Participate in the talent acquisition process with the Line Producer to review portfolios and tests, interview candidates, and provide detailed feedback
- Mentor and support the Storyboard team and cultivate positive team morale
- Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and keep a team on schedule
- Working knowledge of tools and software such as Cintiq, Photoshop, Flix, Toonboom, Storyboard Pro, or other applicable storyboarding software
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- 5 years of experience as a Storyboard Artist working in television animation
- Prior Storyboard Directing experience
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Ideal candidates will be able to provide storyboard samples
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.