CNBC is seeking a Technology News Editor to help manage a team of news writers covering the technology industry.
- Help make CNBC Digital the top-read and most-respected source of tech industry news.
- Guide Technology news coverage for Apply in the mornings.
- Assign and edit a wide variety of story types, including fast-breaking news, follow-up analysis, and features.
- Contribute next-minute and longer-term analysis about the people and companies in the tech industry.
- Act as a liaison toteams in digital, TV, product, and other parts of the company.
• At least 3 years’ experience covering news in a fast-paced digital environment.
• Demonstrated ability to edit and write copy under quick deadline.
• Interest in and familiarity with the most important people and companies in the technology industry.
• Business finance experience and interest – comfortable reading balance sheets, S-1 filings, etc.
• Strong news judgment and understanding of online audiences.
• Familiarity with audience measurement and development tools and techniques (Omniture, Parse.ly, SEO, social media).
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more!
• Some management experience preferred.
• Some experience managing complex editorial workflows across multiple teams.
• Creative ability to generate relevant pitches for analysis and features.
• Comfort with a wide variety of communication tools and styles.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include Apply
, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.