Zoic Studios is an award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. "Visual Evolution" is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of vfx. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive projects out there.
We are currently seeking a freelance VFX coordinator for upcoming episodic projects in 2019. At minimum this is a 4 month contract starting in January with the potential to extend beyond that.Summary of Position
The VFX Coordinator is the right hand of the producer. The coordinator makes sure artists have what they need, communicates with editorial departments, helps with I/O and overcuts, and helps keep track of the statuses of every shot in production. It is also the responsibility of the coordinator to be attentive to the needs of any clients that are in house. Zoic heavily utilizes Shotgun in production, and our coordinators will need to be familiar with it coming in.Responsibilities:
- Support producers by ensuring all artists have what they need.
- Take detailed notes in dailies sessions, and communicate to the artists on the team.
- Overcut plates using Hiero.
- Track shot statuses using Shotgun.
- Assist in the I/O process.
- Post shots for client review, relay clients notes to artists in a timely manner.
- Assist in shot delivery.
- Assist in client service for in house clients.
- Minimum of 1 year of industry experience working on episodic television, commercials, and/or feature films.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Experience with client interaction, scheduling, data entry for project tracking, organizing meetings, managing I/O, assisting producers and supervisors.
- Excellence in client service and interaction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Understanding of visual effects workflow and pipelines.
- Potential for overtime hours, flexible schedule required.
- Experience with the Shotgun shot management software in a production environment a must.
- Previous experience as a VFX coordinator in an episodic or commercial facility a major plus!