Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN TITLE
MAYA PIPELINE TD [JR - MID]JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to Pipeline Leadership the Maya Pipeline TD supports the maintenance and ongoing improvement of the studio tools and pipeline workflow. The Maya Pipeline TD's perspective is customer-centric with artist and production team’s requirements in mind. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and work collaboratively, the Maya Developer has intermediate skills with Maya, Python and Mel Script required to solve day to day VFX studio pipeline issues.RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Works daily with Pipeline Management team to identify and implement existing and new features
- Troubleshoot artist tool issues; develop effective solutions with pipeline team
- Collaborate with Production team; attend production meetings as needed for requirements gathering and ongoing project updates
- Follow coding standards and participate in code reviews
- Write Technical Briefs and UI documentation
- Complete various tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience is an asset
- BA Computer Science or similar discipline (preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in VFX, Gaming, or similar development environment
- Maya, Python, Mel Script (required)
- C++, Maya API, Shotgun, 3D (preferred)
- Experience with Rigging, Animation and Creature FX (preferred)
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Eye for detail, initiative, and excellent organizational skills
+Dental Insurance HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.