- NBCUniversal seeksto add an experienced Senior Editor to our Advertising and Program Standards department. As a Senior Editor, you willwork toensure advertisements and programs comply with internal and external standards,laws, and regulations,while being cognizant of publicpolicyand community acceptability Apply ideal candidate will be highly professional with a thoughtful, proactive nature, strong people skills and the ability to solve problems creatively and collaboratively. As a Senior Editor, you will work collaboratively with your supervisors to develop and advance this position. You will also be expected to be adept at working within a changing media landscape, to proactively monitor and analyze department systems and processes, and develop and implement innovative ideas.
- Review creative materials for advertising and programming, providingclearly articulated verbal and written notes and realistic,constructive and practicalguidanceto clients consistent with NBCUniversal’s standards, and FTC, FDA and FCC rules and regulations.
- Review advertisements from concept to final editto ensure that they are truthful, tasteful, substantiated, and non-deceptive.
- Review scripted and non-scripted entertainment programming, from script through final edits, overseeing corrective editing and attending run-throughs, tapings and other in-studio or on-location shoots as needed.
- Identify standards and other corporate issues and make sensitive contextual judgments concerning program content.
- Apply Television Parental Guideline Ratings to assigned shows.
- Operate the delay button on live productions, including after regular working hours, during holidays and on weekends, as needed.
- The successful candidate will becomfortablenegotiatingand collaborating withthe creative community, including programming executives, writers, producers, advertising agencies and agency representatives, as well as NBCUniversal Ad Sales andlegalcounsel. SincetheSenior Editorwill regularly interact with these parties, effective communication and diplomatic skills are essential.
Qualifications/Requirements BA/BS degree
Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Standards and Practices for a Broadcast and/or Cable Network.
Masters or advanced degree, JD a plus
Solid working knowledge of the legal issues applicable to program and advertising review, including strong familiarity with FCC, FTC and FDA rules and regulations
Excellent analytic, negotiation and time management skills, with superior attention to detail
Self-starter who is able to work independently
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Effective team-player with good interpersonal skills
Able to handle strict deadlines in a high-pressure environment
Computer proficiency - familiarity with Excel, MediaVu and/or MediaQurator a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.