ResponsibilitiesBachelors or Associates Degree, preferably in industrial design, product design or graphic design
Universal Brand Development, Consumer Products Group is seeking a Toys, Product Development Manager to join the Creative & Product Development team that services the Universal licensing business. This position will report to the VP, Toys Product Development and will contribute to the overall entertainment licensing objectives that drive brand awareness and deliver revenue to the studio by extending Universal’s franchise and film to consumer products.
The PD Manager is responsible for the development of compelling quality products from concept through finished product for a range of Toy categories. Specifically 3-Dimensional items; injection molded, blow molded, ceramics, inflatables and plush with simple to complex electronic and or mechanical features.
· Manage all phases of product development for franchise and event films including trend research and analysis, product strategy, product approval - concept through final development, and packaging.
· Possess a well-versed knowledge in a variety of manufacturing processes for 3D products.
· Suggest and visually represent commercially viable product ideas that elevate consumer products to a new level; incorporate trend and technology research findings as well as consumer preference into the product development process.
· Provide clear and concise design direction through character draw-overs and creative notes that guide partners to develop accurate on model characters as well as incorporating key character attributes and features.
· Understand global trends in toys, games, novelties, sporting goods and housewares that translate into commercially viable product ideas.
· Focus on delivering compelling, innovative and quality product
· Participate in cross-functional team meetings and brainstorms; share best practices with Product Develop and Creative team members and broader organizationQualifications/Requirements
5-7+ years product development experience required
Experience with 3D development and manufacturing of toys and plush
Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to provide thoughtful, clear creative art direction to partners and vendors.
Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, deadline driven environment that revolves around multiple product development calendars
Mac and or PC proficient and advanced skills in Adobe and Microsoft applications required.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
1+ years minimum managerial experience preferred
Experience with Maya and 3D CAD applications preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.