At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Hair and Cloth Artists work closely with the Global VFX Supervisor, show Creative Leadership and Partner Studio(s) to design and create reliable and reusable character hair, fur and environment grooming solutions. The Hair and Cloth Artist ensures that all deliverables align with the production’s schedule, technical specifications and creative vision of the series.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Hair and Cloth Artist to join its team based in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate art direction into production ready character hair, fur and environment grooming solutions
- Work closely with Partner Studio(s) to ensure all hair and cloth work adheres to the creative and technical specifications of the production while ensuring scheduled deadlines are met
- Create dynamic character and environment simulations for use in episodic production
- Document workflows and processes using Camtasia video and Publisher software
- Review and provide noted direction on assets submitted by our Partner Studio(s)
- Serve as Hair and Cloth point person in show specific meetings and reviews
- Collaborate with the Leads and Artists in other CG disciplines to help establish processes and pipeline integration during the course of RnD, prebuild for new shows and existing show production
- Strong knowledge of Maya, XGen, Vray and Shave and a Haircut
- Scripting proficiency in Python
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve unexpected technical problems
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced production environment
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
- At least 3 years of experience in television animation, feature animation, VFX and/or video games
- Understanding of rigging tools and surface modeling techniques desired
- Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
- Experience working with Partner Studio(s) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.