Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Staff Technical Artist for the Art department.
What part will you play?
The ideal candidate will have advanced abilities in troubleshooting, inventing, and documenting workflows for artists creating assets for game development. You will work with art, design, and technical discipline leads to solve specific art technical challenges.
- Be a bridge between Artists and Programmers.
- Write and maintain scripts using MEL, Python, and PyMel.
- Procedural/data driven content creation.
- 3D Look Development (shading, lighting, particles/vfx or rendering).
- Integrating/optimizing assets into Unity.
- Investigate, define, create and advise on art creation pipelines and tools within Maya and Unity prior to and during production.
- Trouble shooting / debugging / firefighter on technical issues.
- Work with the Animation team to create and maintain character/creature rigs.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or engineering equivalent is a plus.
- 8+ years game development experience preferred.
- Has shipped 1 or more commercially successful Mobile games with the title of Staff or Lead Technical Artist.
- Expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production pipeline, specific to the current mobile market.
- Advanced Maya and Unity knowledge and experience, including Python and MEL.
- Ability to self-manage and make responsible decisions about time and project priorities.
- Strong collaboration skills.