- Analyzes the script and creates storyboards based on interpretation of the pages or prompts.
- Collaborates with the Director(s), Producer and Head of Story to realize storyboards that reflect the tone of the film.
- Develop characters through the storyboard process.
- Incorporate notes and feedback as needed for sequences.
- Pitches boards to show leadership and editorial as requested.
- Works quickly to iterate new ideas or refine boards.
- Demonstrates strong and efficient drawing abilities that convey acting, staging and action.
• Knowledge of acting, anatomy, perspective, staging and composition.
• Ability to come up with inventive ideas to plus story material.
• Strong sense of entertainment and humor.
• Understanding of editorial.
• Ability to present the storyboard in an effective manner.
• Knowledge or willingness to learn applicable software for creation and asset management.
• Strong time management skills.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop or similar software
• BA in Art, Animation or equivalent work experience preferred
• 3+ years professional experience preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.