Artists Managers are responsible for managing, coaching, developing and mentoring artists, as well as providing support, advice and mentorship to Supervisors, Head of Departments and other members of the management team on resource planning, department management and HR initiatives. The core responsibility of this role is to ensure that both resource management and HR practices have a cohesive, strategic, progressive and positive approach. Reporting directly to the Head of Artist Management, Artist Managers work in a team to directly contribute to the business bottom line.
- Oversee and manage crewing and scheduling for artist departments of varying sizes and apply creative solutions to address crewing conflicts.
- Work directly with artists to address questions and concerns regarding work environment, team dynamics, supervision, show assignments, future assignments and performance.
- Determine show positions to be filled externally and partner with recruiting to identify these hires.
- Manage annual reviews and collect show mid and post mortem feedback.
- Determine and implement Ramp up plans at the beginning of projects and artist roll off plans at the end of each production.
- Assist in Identifying skills gaps in the team and work with the L&D specialist to organize team trainings
- Champion a positive and creative culture of high performance and team collaboration
To be successful in this role, the following is required of all candidates:
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the Animation and Visual Effects industry
- Experience in managing, coaching, developing and mentoring a large number (70+) of direct reports
- Knowledge and experience in managing:
- an annual compensation review process,
- employee contract renewals,
- salary negotiations,
- promotions and resource planning are preferred.
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Experience in working closely with executive teams and HR teams
- Ability to think laterally and take a pragmatic approach within set guidelines
- Well-developed inter-personal communication skills
- Experience in dealing with group dynamics and conflict resolution
- Computer literacy - Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
Please note: this is a 12 month maternity leave coverage